RESOLUTION TO INCREASING MEMBERSHIP DUES
Submitted by: Northern California Foco
WHEREAS, it has been 8 years since the dues structure has changed and the top category for an individual is $125.00 – A member with income $75,000 and Over;
WHEREAS, NACCS collects dues on an annual basis;
WHEREAS, the tough economy has forced NACCS to be even more efficient and effective with existing limited resources;
WHEREAS, the costs for programming and other expenses has continued to grow;
WHEREAS, NACCS spends income from member dues and other revenue sources on its strategic goals and core programs with the acknowledgment of its members;
WHEREAS, the NACCS national board will continue to seek ways to improve the return on member dollars;
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that NACCS increase its dues structures across all membership categories, excluding students, retirees and lifetime membership by 5%. The dues structure would look as follows:
- $47 Member with Income under $20,000
- $63 Member with Income $20,000 – $34,999
- $74 Member with Income $35,000 – $44,999
- $84 Member with Income $45,000 – $54,999
- $95 Member with Income $55,000 – $64,999
- $105 Member with income $65,000 – $74,999
- $150 Member with income $75,000 – $84,999
- $175 Member with income $85,000 – $94,999
- $200 Member with income $95,000 and Over
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that NACCS start the new dues structure in January 2012.
- Pro: Every organization faces either increasing costs or increasing demand for membership revenues to support the organization. This modest proposed increase in dues (5%) will help sustain the increased cost and financial responsibilities of the organization (i.e. Immigrant Beca, increased venue cost at conference). We have not raised dues for 8 years while most organizations have raised dues every three to four years. This increase will help support NACCS’ mission as well as the level of service our members clearly expect. Students and retirees will not have their dues increased.
- Con: Raising membership dues may prohibit members from renewing or new memberships.